If you are unable to Find lost Smartphone and you haven’t loaded any app into your smartphone then you need not to worry as there is one method using which we can find your lost Android smartphone and that is by using Google’s Android Device Manager. If your phone is stolen or you have misplaced it anywhere in your home you can use Google’s Android Device Manger to find it.
All the Android smartphones come with Google Play installed in it. When you use Google Play for the first time on your Android smartphone or even on your tablet, Google installs Android device manager in your smartphone or tablet without your knowledge.
How to Activate Android Device Manager
Follow the steps below to activate Android device manager on your smartphone or tablet.
- Go to Settings
- Then move to Security
- Then move to Device Administrators
- You will see some apps there and the first one would be Android Device Manager
- Tap on it and Activate it
Once you have activated Android device manager on your smartphone, you need to go to your web browser and follow the steps to find your lost Android device.
- Visit the Google Play home by clicking on this link
- You will see a Gear icon on the top right corner
- Click on it and you will see Android device manager
- Click on Android device manager
- Once Android device manager is opened in your web browser it will automatically contact your device. The map of your country will be displayed on your web browser.
- Once Android Device Manager has located your smartphone you will see its location on Google Maps and the distance it is away from you right now.
Now you will have three options there.
1Ring the Device:
This feature will ring your smartphone at fill volume for 5 minutes even if it is silent. Unfortunately the device won’t ring if it is switched off.
2.Lock the Device:
This feature will lock your Android smartphone and will be provided a new password to access it. You can set your desired password on your lost smartphone.
3.Erase all Data :
Using this feature all the data which is present in your Android smartphone will be deleted which will include images, music or other files. However it won’t delete the contents of your SD card and Android device manager won’t work once you have erased all the data. It will Factory reset your smartphone.
Apps to Find lost Smartphone
If you are looking for an app which can find lost Smartphone then we suggest you to check Android Lost, a great app which will remotely control your lost Android smartphone.
Alternatively to Find lost Smartphone you can always have Find my Phone as a Secondary Option.